Over the years, Buffalo State alumni have chosen to honor their alma mater by establishing a scholarship. Your donation to the Alumni Fund supports these ongoing scholarships and ensures that future generations of students may receive the complete education that only Buffalo State can provide.
The 2016 scholarship deadline was May 31, 2016. Scholarship recipients will be announced in August. Application materials for 2017 scholarships will be posted at a later date.
List of Alumni Association Scholarships:
Available to Current/Incoming Students:
- Buffalo State Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship (three awards - $1,000 each) - Applicant must be the child, grandchild or great grandchild of a Buffalo State College alumnus; relationship of student to alumnus and graduation year of alumnus must be specified.
- Hazel M. Bleecker Scholarship (two awards - $750 each) - Applicant must be an undergraduate student.
- Hazel Macartney Scholarship ($1,000) - Applicant must be an undergraduate student.
Only Available to Current Buffalo State Students:
- Military Service Scholarship ($1,000) - Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or full/part-time graduate student, currently serving or with prior service in any branch of the United States military. Preference will be given to veterans who served on active duty two or more years.
- Dr. G. Wesley Ketcham Scholarship (three awards - $650 each) - Applicant must be a full-time Technology Education major.
- Charles Viner Scholarship (two awards - $500 each) - Applicant must be majoring in Early Childhood Education.
- Schmidt/Eckert Scholarship (three awards - $600 each) - Preference will be given to a freshman majoring in Art Education.
- Norma Toelsin Payne Scholarship ($250) - Preference will be given to students majoring in Elementary Education.
- Josephine Syracuse Scholarship ($100) - Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to community service.
- Frances Holbrook Scholarship ($300) - Applicant must be a graduate student majoring in Business and Marketing Education.
Contact the Buffalo State Alumni Association at (716) 878-6001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional scholarship awards are available through the Office of Financial Aid, Moot Hall 230, (716) 878-4902, Financial Aid website or email@example.com.