|A resume is a positive outline of what you have to offer an employer. Its purpose is to stimulate interest about you, demonstrate your value to the employer, and to secure an interview for you.|
An effective resume:
- Supports and strengthens your job objective.
- Attracts attention to your special abilities and qualities.
- Demonstrates your future value to an employer.
- Reflects your uniqueness as much as possible.
- Creates a favorable impression.
- Is concise, well-organized and attractive to the eye.
Learn more about resumes by visiting the Career Development Center's Resume Workshop on Tuesday, December 4 from 12:15 - 1:15pm in 418 Cleveland Hall.
The Career Development Center is dedicated to helping alumni fulfill the lifelong pursuit of purpose by providing services, access to information, resources, and experiences that address individual career needs.